Chennai, DAY AFTER TOMORROW

This is a weird post...!!
I was been to Chennai lately and I must confess, I have never experienced such a cold climate...
It was on Saturday evening, the rain started and believe me or not, the rain didn't stop at all for almost 14 hours..
It was by quarter past 5 in the evening and continued on till Sunday noon...
The temperature dropped to 18 degree celcius by nightfall on Saturday....
In Chennai, Tambaram my aunt was wearing a scarf and 2 shirts because of the temperature...
It was like the whole of Chennai had an Air Conditioner with temperature set at 18 degrees....
It was one amazing experience, but as the news report and satellite imagery showed 2 massive swirls of cyclones hurling towards the Tamil Nadu and Andhra coast, the first thing that struck me was the film Day After Tomorrow by Roland Emmerich...
Though Chennai wont be immersed in a pool of Bay of Bengal nor a giant cargo Ship would enter Mount Road, the temperature and the persistent rains scared me...!!

Inspite of that, it was a great time for  சென்னை  வாசிகள்  pertaining to the temperature not to the rains..!!

Comments

Popular Posts